Daniel Monti, MD, MBA
Andrew Newberg, MD
The Marcus Institute of Integrative Health – Jefferson Health is a partner of the Gary Sinise Foundation Avalon Network in offering the Veterans’ Brain Health program. This partnership allows Jefferson to provide a highly advanced brain recovery program at no out-of-pocket cost to veterans.
Who We Help +
The program targets unresolved symptoms from a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), which commonly is the result of closed impact trauma to the head (concussion), blast waves, or penetration through the skull from a projectile. Long-term symptoms from any type of TBI can be quite debilitating, including cognitive problems, functional limitations psychological stress from the event itself, and other related health problems.
What We Do +
The Marcus Institute’s comprehensive, interdisciplinary care model for brain recovery is designed to meet the specific needs of veterans, using the most cutting-edge assessment technologies combined with innovative and proven approaches to aid in the healing and recovery of our injured veterans. Our experienced staff works closely with patients and their families to provide a unique health experience that includes:
- A comprehensive 2-day assessment that includes the most advanced brain imaging available along with neurological testing, functional evaluations, cognitive assessments, and a truly unique treatment approach.
For qualified candidates, this assessment is followed by:
- An intensive, 3-week outpatient treatment program at the Marcus Institute of Integrative Health, Villanova, PA. The treatment plan will be customized, based on the evaluation, and may include a combination of physical therapy, functional occupational therapy, biofeedback, neurofeedback, chiropractic, sleep enhancement therapy, novel mind-body stress reduction therapies, advanced nutrition, and lifestyle therapies, and psychological support.
- A family member is invited (but not required) to attend and be supported by the process.
- The entire assessment and treatment process, including accommodation near the Marcus Institute of Integrative Health, is provided at no cost for the selected patients and one accompanying family member.
- Participants completing the program will have access to educational and career development opportunities through Thomas Jefferson University.
We currently are scheduling patients for the 2-day assessment. Please contact our program manager, Daniel Jaquish at email@example.com for more information.
About the Gary Sinise Foundation Avalon Network +
We are proud to be included as a partner in the Gary Sinise Foundation Avalon Network with many other organizations, including GratitudeAmerica, Camp Southern Ground, The Travis Mills Foundation, The Big Red Barn Retreat, the Permission To Start Dreaming Foundation, Sheep Dog Impact Assistance, the University of Colorado Marcus Institute for Brain Health, the Tulane University Center for Brain Health, the SHARE Military Initiative at Shepherd Center, and the University of Florida Health Brain Wellness Program.